Last night we hosted a Friendsgiving with our close group of friends and it was the perfect way to round out this very thankful weekend. We rented out the conference room in our building and combined three tables to seat 20 guests. I tried to keep the planning process relatively stress free with quick and cute decorations and simple recipes as our potluck contribution. While the day-of got a little hectic with a scramble for chairs and an inevitably messy kitchen, in the end, everything turned out well. We spent the night sipping spiked cider and laughing uncontrollably during games of “Thumper” and “Cheers to the Governor,” all with good company.
- DIY Silhouette banner
- Burlap table runners (Target, $3)
- Fall leaves table runner (Homegoods)
- Alstromeria and mums floral arrangements
Food and Drinks
It was potluck style, but here is what I contributed and the recipes I used:
- Apple, Cranberry, Walnut Salad – via Creme de la Crumb
- Grape Jelly Meatballs – easy recipe: grape jelly + chili sauce + frozen meatballs in a slow cooker
- Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates – via Give Me Some Oven
- Mac and Cheese – via That Which Nourishes
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts – easy recipe: Brussels sprouts + olive oil + salt and pepper
- Sparkling Cranberry Punch – easy recipe: sparkling wine + cranberry juice + Sprite + cranberries
- Instead of plain old plastic utensils, we used a fancier faux silver version (similar here). It added a touch of class to the occasion without extra dishes to wash
- I keep a collection of paper straws year-round. Brown and yellow ones made an appearance to add to the fall colored decor
Apologize for the horrible quality pictures — lighting was not the best in there.