Since I am on a constant journey to find myself and become the best version of me (aren’t we all?), I’m all about goals. Naturally, I made some for this year. Here are some of mine:
- Always be: creating, reading, learning. Ask me at any time what I am currently creating/reading/learning and I should have an answer for you. It’s not really a resolution, but more of a forever goal.
- Find something I really love to do. Looking for that one thing that’s worth waking up early and staying up late for.
- Challenge myself every day. I started a list of challenges for the year with the intent of randomly choosing one each day. I don’t think I have enough to make it 365 days, but I like the thought of giving myself something to focus on each day that is different from my regular routine.
- Answer texts/calls/emails right away. It’s a work in progress, but I’ll get there. The hard part for me is that I let things sit until I come up with the perfect response. Slowly starting to learn that there never is a perfect response.
- Send more gifts and letters. I love snail mail. I love giving gifts. So many people I love are so very far away. This is a no-brainer.
I’ll admit, 2017 is off to a rocky start, but my resolutions still give me hope. There is always so much to look forward to.