I thought about deleting all of my old posts (or at least making them private) and starting fresh again, but I couldn’t get myself to do it. Every single post was at some point in my life something I was feeling or needed to share, and deleting any part of that just didn’t feel right to me. So this will have to be my “fresh start”, years into this blog.
Here’s why I’m blogging — the “why” behind “with a why”, if you will:
- Because I like to write. This is as simple as it sounds. This is my millionth attempt at blogging and definitely not my last. I enjoy writing and I’m trying to do more of what I enjoy.
- For my sanity. I’ve noticed that a lot of times I start writing again, it’s because I don’t know what else to do. This time is no exception.
- To remember things. There are so many moments I’ve wanted to capture and so many ways I’ve tried to capture them. I’m adding this to the list of ways because there can never be enough.
- Because sharing is caring. I’d by lying if I said this blog wasn’t first and foremost for myself, but if someone somewhere gets something positive out of it then it is definitely worth it.
- To create something real. In a world of posing for Instagram likes and styling pictures of breakfast foods, I needed to create something that was messy and honest and imperfect. Here it is.
This should be fun.